Landscaping Planning Checklist
Zones has put together a simple planning checklist to help you prepare for your landscaping project, but one of our project managers would be more than happy to help you through this stage.
1. What sort of outdoor landscaping project are you planning?
(a Zones Landscaping Specialist can help you with this)
At this stage, it would be a good idea to decide:
- What do you want and what do you need (decide what sort of things are necessary for your project and what would be nice to haves)
- Is there a deadline for this project? Do you know when you would like the landscaping project to begin or when you would like the project completed, in stages or all at once
- Decide on a budget.
2. Get your concepts and designs down on paper
(a Zones Landscaping Specialist or designer could help you with this stage of your outdoor landscaping project if you like)
- Gathering together ideas, designs and your own thoughts to a scrapbook. This might be a physical book with written, printed and cut out ideas. Or for the modern world a collection of web links in a favourites file. This step can take as much or as little time as you like.
- Discuss your requirements with a Zones Landscaping Specialist or designer.
- Browse the list of brochures available for downloading from our help guides section.
- Decide on a final design.
3. Plan how to finance the outdoor landscaping project
- Is the final design within your budget?
- Have you planned how you will finance the project?
4. Getting on with the project
- Do you need a Building Consent? (Zones can advise you on this. If a Building Consent is required, we would not be able to begin the project until the building consent has been obtained. However, Zones will be happy to arrange the building permit for you.)
- Zones can work with you to prepare a project schedule, which will have a degree of leeway to allow for unforeseen delays such as weather or holidays.
- Secure the project with a deposit.
- Zones will then project manage the whole project, taking care of sourcing and supplying the materials and project managing the trades required to complete your project to your satisfaction.